Monday, June 17, 2013

Answers to Pregnancy-Related Questions I've Been Asked.

Here are answers to some of the questions I've been getting (even the rude questions)!

How are you feeling?  Great!  Thank you for asking!

Any heart/lung problems like last time?  No, thankfully.  We are about halfway through and I have not fainted once-a drastic improvement from the last pregnancy!  We are definitely counting our blessings.

Any weird cravings?  Not weird, but I may have cried twice because I wanted Cookies on Demand cookies :)

How much weight have you gained so far?  Hahaha!  You're sweet.  Probably more than the recommended amount.

When are you due?  November 11th.  It is funny because that is my dad's birthday.  My brother and his wife are expecting their first baby this summer on my mom's birthday!  Kind of cool!

Are you disappointed that it is another girl?  What?  No!  Who would be sad to welcome a perfectly healthy baby girl into their life?  Besides, we feel like we have a really good thing going with girls :)

Are you going to try for a boy?  What does that even mean?  How would one go about trying for that?

Have you picked a hospital?  We are actually planning a home birth and we are really excited about it!

Are you crazy?  Probably, but it is totally unrelated to wanting a home birth :)

Are you going to be just like your mom?  I realize this could be your way of commenting on the number of kids my mom has/the number of kids I'll have.  I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant it like, "Are you going to be like your mom and raise happy, kind, successful, productive children?"  To that, I say, "Absolutely!"

Have you picked a name?  We have some ideas but I don't think we will settle on one until we actually meet our baby.

Why did you wait until now to tell everyone?  It seemed unfair to steal Kim and Kanye's pregnancy thunder. Now that I don't have to worry about that.....

How many kids do you want?   I don't know.  It is a personal decision we make prayerfully.  Do I want more kids?  Yes, I would like more kids.  I don't know how many.

Are your girls excited?  They are SO excited.  Juj talks to my belly multiple times a day and Popeye asks me regularly when I'm "gonna push that baby out of that belly."  She said she'll share her room :)









2 comments:

Ashley Brown said...

OH Courtney I love your honesty. It always amazes me the questions and comments people think its OK to make.I am so happy for you and your family :)

Samantha Tingey said...

Question: How is the world going to deal with not one, not two, but THREE amazing girls with you as their mother? You are amazing, keep on being the funny, wonderful, smart woman you are! I miss your face!

Post a Comment